Due to the uncertainty of the Corona situation, the BMTS is offering the possibility to study mostly online for the 2021/2022 school year.
If you are interested in studying but travelling to Tallinn each month is problematic – here is your chance!
If government health and safety regulations permit, all students are required to be physically present for 3 study sessions, the remaining 8 may be completed virtually. August, December and June sessions are scheduled to be the required “in house” study sessions although this may change in response to the changing Corona situation.
The remaining study sessions for the 2021/2022 school year may be participated in either virtually or in house. Students who participate virtually must fulfill the following conditions:
- Virtual students must still participate live in a minimum of 75% of lectures. (This is the same 75% attendance requirement for all students in all subjects.)
- Cameras are required and must be turned on during lecture times. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have a functioning camera.
- Virtual students must actively participate via chat or by audio interaction.
- Students who voluntarily choose to participate virtually (not due to government imposed restrictions) must inform the Seminary in advance.
- Students who choose to participate only virtually, may declare this at the start of the school year. (They are still required to be in person for the three “in house” sessions).
- Students who normally participate in person but choose to be virtual for a given session must inform the Seminary at the latest by Monday of the study session week.
- Students who participate virtually by their own choice (not due to government imposed restrictions) must pay a technology fee of 30€ per virtual study session
The BMTS does not guarantee that voluntary virtual participation will be allowed after the end of the 2021/2022 school year. This special offer is due to the uncertainty of the Corona situation and will be evaluated over the course of the school year.
2021/2022 Virtual study - Technology Fee
Students who participate virtually by their own choice (not due to government imposed restrictions) must pay a technology fee of 30€ per study session.
Students who declare their intention to study virtually at the start of the school year will have the technology fee for the four virtual sessions each semester (autumn virtual study sessions are September, October, November and January, spring virtual study sessions are February, March, April, May) added to their semester tuition bill (4 x 30€).
The technology fee is not refunded in the case government imposed restrictions are implemented.